Is your kitchen no longer serving your needs? It may be time to schedule a home improvement project! That said, planning and executing a kitchen remodel can feel like an overwhelming process. The good news is our local experts at eureka Showroom & Design are here with four tips for bringing your dream kitchen to life:
- Think About Functionality
- Choose Three Types of Lighting
- Hire the Right Kitchen Remodelers
1. Think About Functionality
You’re going to use your kitchen every day, multiple times a day. That said, it’s important to consider your needs for your space, so you’re not left making your day-to-day life more inconvenient. First and foremost, your kitchen should be functional.
Think about your kitchen in terms of cooking and any other ways you want to use it—like entertaining guests or working from home. Some things to think about include:
- How much storage do you need?
- How much countertop space do you want?
- Where will your appliances go?
- What type of cabinetry do you need?
- What do you have room for in your kitchen?
2. Choose Three Types of Lighting
Your kitchen should be a versatile space, which means you should have a few options when it comes to how you want to light it up. Our advice is to have at least three different light sources incorporated into your space.
These types of lighting include:
- General Lighting: The big lights that illuminate your entire space.
- Task Lighting: Extra lights in an area where you need to complete a task.
- Accent Lighting: Additional lights to add to the overall ambience of your space.
3. Hire the Right Kitchen Remodelers
It can be tempting to choose the cheapest home remodeling contractors to tackle your project, but this can actually cost you more in the long run. Instead, you should hire a kitchen remodeling company you can trust. Be sure to confirm they offer the services you need and have a credible reputation. Then, you can consider where your budget fits into the mix.
Kick Off Your Kitchen Remodel with a Free Quote from Our Local West Florida Team
Speaking of choosing the right kitchen remodeling company, you’ve already been listening to our experts at Eureka Showroom & Design talk all about kitchen renovations, and we’re ready to put our expertise to work for you.
We’ll kick off our work together with a free design consultation and quote, so you know what to expect from the start. Ready to learn more? Give us a call or fill out an online form to set up your complimentary appointment. You can also come visit us at our showroom to see our products for yourself!
Subscribe to Eureka Showroom & Design's Blog